Assistant Store Manager - Eastland
Job no: 503340
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Dept Manager / Team Leader / Assistant Store Mgr
Harris Scarfe is one of Australia’s longest trading retailers with over 170 years of experience. We currently operate over 50 stores across South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Tasmania with a growing online presence. Our stores appeal to a diverse range of customers looking for great value on Homewares, Manchester, Men's and Women's Apparel. We offer the opportunity to really contribute in a challenging and supportive team environment where you can drive your own career development.
We are looking for an energetic, inspiring and customer focused Assistant Store Manager to join our Eastland store. The Assistant Store Manager will lead their team, inspire success and support the Store Manager in all areas of people management and store management.
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Store Manager to ensure store and company objectives are achieved, in line with financial and operational targets
- Assisting with the achievement of sales, wages and shrinkage budgets
- Get involved in the store stocktake process
- Provide timely guidance and feedback to train and develop the team
- Ensure the customer perspective is a driving force behind management decisions and store activities
- Foster a collaborative, fun and results driven team environment
This is an ideal position for a natural leader with exceptional customer service, sales and organisational skills. In addition to these qualities, you will also possess the following:
- Leadership and development training (highly desirable)
- Experience in managing either Home or Apparel departments
- A commitment to workplace health and safety practices
- Strong visual merchandising standards and attention to detail
- Confident and clear communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and influencing sales skills
- Strong mentoring and coaching abilities
- The ability to multitask and excel under pressure
- Computer literacy
Why work at Harris Scarfe?
- You will be offered a competitive base salary and access to a quarterly Profit Share incentive.
- We provide a Leadership Training Program, ELEVATE, to take your career to new highs
- We offer great work-life balance through our rotating roster- Get 2 FULL weekends off every month
- You will be part of a high performing, values-based team who work collaboratively to deliver an amazing customer experience.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program which offers 24/7 assistance in Life, Family, Health, Work and Money support
- A multi-branded discount card throughout Spotlight, Harris Scarfe and Anaconda
- Be part of a Culture that rewards, including our Annual Ruben Fried National Retailer of the Year Awards and Employee of the Quarter celebrations
When you join Harris Scarfe, you will be joining the Spotlight Retail Group (SRG). SRG is a diverse and ever-growing business which encompasses the Harris Scarfe, Spotlight, Anaconda and Mountain Design brands.
Harris Scarfe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be a part of a team driven to achieve great results within a supportive and enjoyable environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time